These Mixer-Settlers are extensively used in
Petrochemical, Nuclear, Fertilizer and
Metallurgical industries due to their
simplicity, ease of operation, stability under
a wide range of flows, accessibility for clean-
out, as well as the following:
- High stage Efficiency (> 95%).
- Handles wide Solvent to feed ratio.
- Possess High Capacity (throughput).
- Offers good flexibility in adding or
- removing extra stages.
- Handles Liquids with High Viscosity.
- Offers reliable Scale-Up.
A mixer-settler device ordinarily consisted
of two parts: a mixer for contacting the two
liquid phases to bring about mass transfer,
and a settler for their mechanical separation.
The mixer and settler can be integral or
separate. The operation may be continuous
Self-supporting FRP has been widely used, and
has the advantages of allowing shop fabrication
and shipment to site, whole or in segments.
Mixer-Settler for solvent extraction, project in Spain, worked with OUTOTEC